CVCF2020 presents MatchEasy, the online scheduler that allows investors and start-ups to pre-arrange 1-on-1 virtual meetings based on tech sectors and investment appetite.
Over 100 innovative local and international tech start-ups in multi disciplines including AI / Big Data, Blockchain, Cyber Security, EdTech, Esports / Digital Entertainment, HealthTech, IoT, FinTech, RegTech and Smart Living will showcase or pitch their ingenious ideas and solutions to potential investors.
Hear the Power Pitches from home-grown and international tech start-ups on their latest innovation solutions and discover the investment opportunities of hottest projects on offer! Access our virtual event platform to watch the 1-min pitching videos!
Visit our marketplace of 80+ virtual booths to interact with the most enterprising tech solution innovators for collaboration. Connect with the exhibitors by scheduling meetings and through video chat.
Start-up Clinic is an interactive consultation session on the virtual platform to provide free advice or consultation to participants on matters relating to starting or running a start-up. Topics to be discussed will include:
Fitzgerald Lawyers - "Legal things that every entrepreneur should know"
Time: 14:00 – 15:00 (3 November)
- Establishment, including:
- Corporate structures for limited liability
- Constituent documentation (e.g. memorandum & articles of association, Founders' Agreements and Shareholders' Agreements)
- Asset protection (e.g. intellectual property, employees & other key persons)
- Operations and 'house-keeping', including:
- Standard terms & conditions and key contracts for B2B and B2C operations
- Transactions impacting capitalization or ownership (e.g. capitalization tables, share vesting and dilution)
- Disputes with general trade debtors and creditors
- Significant Transactions:
- Business Sale & Purchase
- Disputes between shareholders
Centrium Advisory – “How to handle due diligence, how to impress investors with compliance and governance”
Time: 15:00 – 16:00 (3 November)
- How to market
- How to handle due diligence requests
- Record keeping that is appropriate for your size (to reassure potential investors that you are ready for investments)
- How to impress investors with not just your business insight but your compliance, governance and legal knowledge
- Money controls and governance (which is a big part of investor DD)
- Setting up the company now to avoid regulator issues later
- How to minimize costs and maximise third party service provider services
Fast Lane – “Accounting, auditing, taxation, company secretarial/formation and tips for start-ups”
Time: 16:00 – 17:00 (3 November)
- Accounting standards SMEs should be aware of
- Cash vs accrual basis
- Monthly and yearly reporting obligations
- Use of accounting software to improve efficiency
- Cashflow management tips
- Forecast and budgeting advice
- Credit control mistakes businesses want to avoid
- How to assess a project's profitability
- Transfer pricing considerations
- Varying tax rates
- Profit tax (company level) vs Salary tax (employee level)
- Guide to tax returns
- Audit considerations
Start chatting and networking with other online attendees through P2P message and video chat. Interaction is just a click away.